Blu Perspective can be deployed for UV solutions to fit your needs:
1. UV Disinfection Labs – Blu has labs that are designed and outfitted with medical grade equipment. The labs that can be used for more sensitize items such as PPE or smaller items.
2. UV Manufacturing Locations – Blu has manufacturing locations and logistics that can be used for larger materials/parts. Parts are unpacked, UV cleaned at work stations specifically designed for this process and repacked per our customers standard work instructions. This can be useful for only allowing disinfected materials in your facility.
3. UV Logistics and Material Collection – Blu has vehicles for the collection of smaller to medium sized items from customer locations and deliver them to our labs or manufacturing locations. We can disinfect them, individually pack and return to desired locations.
4. UV Mobile Equipment – We have technicians with mobile UV equipment that allow us to bring this technology to our customers locations. We have portable full room systems, handheld devices and the appropriate PPE. These services must be done when humans and animals are not present.
5. UV Technicians – Our technicians can safely and effectively perform these processes at Blu labs, Blu manufacturing locations or our customers locations. Our process is performed in full Personal Protective Equipment which includes full hazmat suits, proper eyewear and N95 masks.
6. Large Area UV Process “Grid” Disinfection – Our process can be designed to focus on specific or targeted areas and/or entire facilities of any size. The procedure is done with several UV units that are placed in a square grid which is typically 15’ x 15’. The system is run for its duration, then the units are moved to the next set of grid locations, if required, to ensure that all surfaces in the entire room are properly disinfected.
7. Deep Surface UV “Target” Disinfection – As a standalone treatment or in conjunction with the Large Area UV Disinfection Process technicians utilize handheld units to hit specific areas such as desktops, phones, keyboards, door handles, sinks, toilets, etc. For Large Areas Disinfection, this assures all surfaces are fully addressed, in the event that any “shadowing” is present. Shadowing is when the UV light does not have a direct line to the targeted areas. Deep Surface Target UV Disinfection takes care of this.
Blu Perspective has specialized equipment UV-C high purity quartz lamps which emit the strongest of UV-C rays to clean the air and surfaces of a room simultaneously. The Germicidal UV-C light treatment system deactivates the DNA of bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens thus destroys their ability to multiply and cause disease. This hospital grade ultraviolet light is effective and kills COVID-19 by utilizing the very specific 253.7 nm wavelength, which in studies has been proven to kill SARS and the Coronavirus.
Background and Supporting Information
Scientists have been using short-wavelength ultraviolet (UV-C) light to kill bacteria, viruses and other single cell organisms like algae for decades. It’s a process called “Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation “, it works by breaking down the molecular bonds that hold their DNA together which prevents the virus from multiplying and breaking their life cycle. Instead of multiplying as normal they are unable to do this and simply die at the end of their life. The Coronavirus can be controlled in the exact manner.
The application of Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) to disinfect has been an accepted practice since the mid-20th century and primarily used in medical sanitation and to disinfect work facilities.
There are many control techniques that could reduce risk from viral infection on surfaces, including heating sterilization, and chemical disinfectants. However, many surface materials cannot be heat sterilized and might be damaged by chemical disinfection, making Blu’s UV-C disinfection light system ideal.
In contrast with most disinfectants, UVGI has been well recognized as an effective method for inactivating microorganisms. The mechanisms of UVGI on microorganisms are uniquely vulnerable to light at wavelengths at or near 253.7 nm because the maximum absorption wavelength of a DNA molecule is 260 nm.
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses found in both animals and humans. The first infections were linked to a live Chinese animal market in Dec 2019. The current global Coronavirus pandemic is of urgent concern with a high transmission rate and is rapidly spreading person-to-person throughout the world.
A coronavirus is a kind of common virus that causes an infection in your nose, sinuses, or upper throat. According to authorities, symptoms include fever, dry cough and shortness of breath and is considered a respiratory infection. People of older age or having underlying disease, such as diabetes and heart disease are at a higher risk of deterioration into serious condition. A recent study from the WHO expanded the symptoms list to include fatigue, bone or joint pain, headache, and chills. Symptoms may appear in as little as 2 days and as long as 14 days after you’re exposed to the virus.
Using Blu’s two high-powered UV-C lamps to emit concentrated rays the machine is able to disinfect rooms with various surfaces. It is suitable for use in a range of rooms and places – schools and day-care centers, veterinary clinics, hospitals, research laboratories, restaurants, work offices, etc. The system is especially useful because it eliminates harmful microbes without using harmful chemicals. The disinfection it provides is entirely ultraviolet light based. UVGI is used in a variety of applications, such as food, air, and water purification.
By swiftly reducing viruses, mold spores, yeast, and harmful bacteria such as C. difficile and Strep that can exist in the air and specifically on hard surfaces, Blu helps make the work environment a much safer and healthier place for employees to be productive.
We look forward to helping your company and employees remain happy, healthy and productive.
Results of the Study: